Cuberite Newsletter 2019
Happy new year! It’s the start of a new decade (oh, where did the time go), which means it’s time for a long overdue status update for Cuberite.
- Cuberite has an official Discord server! Feel free to drop by to say hello. Invite link
- Cuberite’s Android app now targets Android 10, and has received a redesign, as well as multiple bug fixes and code cleanups. Devices running Android 4.0 and above are supported.
- The build process of official Windows downloads, which used to take place on xoft’s home server, has been moved to AppVeyor.
- FreeBSD and macOS downloads are no longer provided, since we no longer have access to servers for building them. There are plans to bring back macOS downloads in the future.
- Minecraft 1.13 support is partially done, and 1.14 support is planned.
- Cuberite’s website has been restructured and cleaned up, to make it easier to find relevant information. A new “Discuss” page houses information about official communication channels.
- The Cuberite WebAdmin layout has been updated to work better on smaller screens
- A few issues related to the forum, such as outdated templates and registrations not working, have been resolved.
- Analytics are no longer collected from website visitors. Cuberite’s analytics server has been permanently removed.
In addition to smaller bug fixes and cleanups, here are a few notable changes to Cuberite since the end of 2017:
- #4017: Improve rain simulation
- #4041: Add support for Minecraft 1.12.2
- #3959 #4038 #4050: Vector parameters
- #4053: Implement horse inventory
- #4178: Make offline UUIDs consistent with vanilla
- #4185: cLightingThread: Faster chunk reading
- #4220: Add unbreaking for armor
- #4251: Rewrite explosion knock back
- #4260: Optimise chunk set
- #4272: Ocelots no longer multiply exponentially
- #4341: Fix directory traversal bug (CVE-2019-15516)
- #4390: Initial support for 1.13 clients (unplayable early state)
- #4412: Fixed crash in hopper while pulling items from blockentity above itself
- #4417: Refactored block-to-pickup conversion
- #4424: Disable block placement in adventure mode
- #4433: WebAdmin improvements
As always, the latest Cuberite updates are available to download on the homepage.
- If you are interested in developing Cuberite’s core or plugins, please do not hesitate to join the forum or Discord server. Cuberite development has slowed down a bit due to lack of free time among regular contributors, as well as larger changes in Minecraft 1.13 and 1.14, so any new contributions are greatly appreciated.
- Feel free to donate to Cuberite through Liberapay or Bountysource. Donations are used to cover server hosting expenses.