Cuberite Newsletter Spring 2021
Hello all Cuberite fans - it’s been about 9 months since the last update, so it’s about time to let you know the current status of the project as well as what’s gone on since the last update!
- Progress for protocol versions greater than 1.12 is still encouraging.Connections from 1.13 clients are accepted but not really playable. We’re workingon the needed changes for the new block state format.#5151
- Due to a few changes in the generator it’s recommended to regenerate the worldor update the world.ini file manually to get access to the new features.
- Since the last update, development effort has been coming on slowly but surely, with 164 PRs merged since the last update. The changes include:
- #4723:Fix flower and foliage generation
- #4802:Add correct implementation of crops
- #4806:Adding basic Banner functionality
- #4821:Add enhanced Gold generation in Mesa-Type Biomes
- #4829:Adding block entity transmission to 1.13
- #4830:Adding Generator For Single Piece Structures
- #4837:More statistics are now tracked
- #4845:Use tracing for explosions
- #4875:Added armor and shulker box cleaning
- #4881:Adding end portal and enchanting table block entities
- #4889:Implement redstone quasi-connectivity
- #4903:Implement Dropspenser Hook
- #4932:Correct drops when using a tool with fortune
- #4934:Enchanting consumes lapis, removes correct number of levels
- #4937:Enchanting table shows detail on hover. Enchanting is deterministic.
- #4946:Adding Silverfish Spawning Blocks
- #4951:Adding wolf breading
- #4973:Added a end generator more similar to the 1.9 one
- #4993:Added the structures for the ender dragon fight
- #5011:Added new flowers on bonemeal use
- #5023:Players are no longer kicked when clicking on bedrock
- #5025:Adding Boss bar
- #5055:Added magma block contact damage
- #5105:Prepares ChunkData for BlockState storage
- #5111:Implementation of totem of undying behaviour
- #5122:Added the ability to randomize blocks in generated structures
- #5124:Basic elytra flight
- #5129:Improved generator for mega taiga
- #5134:Adds mushrooms to the generator and fixed up the roofed forest
- #5179:Teleport off of mount when throwing enderpearl
- #5182:Many, little improvements
- Thanks to all the new contributors this period, as we now have 7 new entries in the CONTRIBUTORS file:
- tympaniplayer (Nate Palmer)
- If you are interested in developing Cuberite’s core or plugins, please do not hesitate to join the forum or Discord server.
- If you wish to contribute monetarily, please do use Liberapay. Any contribution is very much welcomed.